CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0919-1415
Employment Type: Full Time
Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
This is a mid-level to expert Business Analyst position(s). As a Business Analyst, you will work with a key government financial client, stakeholders, and the CGI team to document business needs and develop requirements to ensure software and systems support business needs, are of the highest quality, and will integrate with other systems as needed. This mid-level to expert level position is a great way to support a vital Federal mission and join CGI, a premier systems integrator and application development firm.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
With direction from the Program Manager and in collaboration with team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Develop and maintain relationships between the client, Agile teams, and other partners.
• Facilitate meetings between multiple teams and stakeholders (internal or external).
• Conduct requirements analysis to determine the needs of a stakeholder or the feasibility/scope of solutions.
• Develop and define requirements using best-practice techniques (interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, prototyping, mock-ups, etc.).
• Identify options for potential solutions, prioritize them based on business value, and present findings to client representatives.
• Work with Agile team members to create User Stories and translate requirements into deliverable software features.
• Communicate complex and technical information to the client in business terms.
• Present product demos on behalf of the Agile team.
• Document and manage requirements through the Agile Development Lifecycle.
• Review technical documentation to ensure content and details are audience-appropriate and sufficient.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
This is a mid-level to expert business analyst position with at least 6 years of relevant technical experience required (with Bachelors degree), 4 years of experience with a Masters degree, or 2 years with a PHD. Successful candidates will possess:
• Deep understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, including gathering and defining requirements, creating user stories, and maintaining documentation
• Domain knowledge and experience in financial or mortgage securities market preferred
• Experience managing detailed work across multiple work-streams
• Experience building a strong relationship with clients and team members
• Ability to become Subject Matter Expert (SME) on business domains
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze client needs and provide solutions
• Ability to effectively communicate and present data, analyses, and business recommendations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a confident and assertive demeanor.
• Time management and organizational skills
• Ability to tackle challenging work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Ability to work in Agile team
• Masters degree preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or
related field/equivalent experience
• Certification/Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe)
• Experience using JIRA or other collaborative tools
• Experience with Federal Government Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.