CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst Product Owner in Fairfax, Virginia
Business Analyst Product Owner
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Business Analyst Product Owner
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0320-1717
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of top 5 largest global IT companies and is spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow! As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst serving as a Product Owner. You will support a team that is tasked with building a shared services platform to enhance the cyber security posture of numerous civilian government agencies through the DHS CDM DEFEND program. As a product owner of the shared services platform, you will be responsible for breaking-down the requirements/capabilities into epics and user stories with detailed acceptance criteria and own the feature acceptance at the iteration/sprint level. The position provides the opportunity to expand your horizons by collaborating with several Federal Agency teams and multiple cybersecurity levels and capabilities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Breakdown requirements and capabilities into user stories by collaborating with product management and cyber architect teams.
• Develop detailed acceptance criteria for each user story.
• Prioritize the iteration backlog by working with stakeholders, including product management.
• Participate actively in change control board meetings with an objective to drive the prioritization of backlog items at iteration level.
• Act as a proxy for product management in the scrum team(s) – providing day-to-day guidance to the team to meet the iteration objectives.
• Own acceptance of the user stories implemented in iterations.
• Provide technical inputs to teams that document the deployment, configuration and user guides.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• 3 years of experience as a product owner role for an IT product or solution.
• Thorough knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• Experience in JIRA or ServiceNow for backlog management and prioritization.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills that help engage with stakeholders and scrum teams.
• High analytical skills in breaking-down capabilities into sizeable work chunks.
• General understanding of cybersecurity.
• Experience working with limited supervision.
• Experience contributing to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• Ability to build relationships with both CGI and client team members.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Scrum certification(s).
• Knowledge in any of these fields - Infrastructure O&M, IT security, Data analytic.
• Some understanding of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program (CDM)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.