CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. BI Data Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
BI Data Engineer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
We are looking for a candidate to join a dynamic team with diverse technical background that focuses on delivering high-quality, high-value projects using advance technology in IBM Cognos Analytics (v11) Business Intelligence environment with SQL Server 2016 backend. The candidate will join a dedicated team with a culture of sharing knowledge, and goal oriented individuals.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Designing and developing enterprise-wide data analysis, schema, and reporting solutions
• Data Mining, data mapping and ETL process development
• Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Defining relevant BI standards, processes, and best practices
• Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Effectively communicate with business and technology partners, peers and stakeholders
• Ability to deliver results under demanding timelines to real-world business problems
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience designing and developing data solutions for reporting, transformation or strategic initiatives
• 5+ years of experience developing business intelligence solutions, data mining, data modeling, data analytics, data integration, data warehousing, and ETL process development
• Proficient with SQL Server database and IBM Cognos Analytics reporting and dash boarding
• Hands-on experience designing and developing data solutions for reporting, transformation or business analytics
• Experience reviewing and developing object and data models, and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access
• Familiarity and experience with developing data architectures, and financial and accounting data models across multiple COTS systems such as Deltek’s Costpoint and Time and Expense
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• 5+ years of SQL Server development, and IBM Cognos reporting and business intelligence
• 5+ years of systems integration and ETL experience
• Prior experience using financial data and with federal consulting
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to identify process improvement opportunities
• Strong statistical background
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field
• Exceptional ability to produce results within specified time frames
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
Not accepting visa sponsorship for this opportunity
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.