CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS DevSecOps Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
AWS DevSecOps Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
AWS DevSecOps Engineer
Category: Cyber Security
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2974
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our business while keeping up with the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a chance to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an AWS DevSecOps Engineer supporting our DHS CDM DEFEND program. This person will have a strong security focus and extensive experience to help with DevOps security initiatives and implement best practices in the areas of infrastructure, network security and secure coding, as well as compliance and policy. The individual in this role will be part of an agile team and work closely with the Solution Architect and AWS Architecture team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Implement several common continuous deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing.
• Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, effort and time necessary.
• Responsible for automating platform deployments, including DEV, TEST and PROD.
• Provide hands-on support for CI/CD and other automation initiatives (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins or similar technologies).
• Deploy updates, fixes and patches as needed.
• Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS Opsworks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2 Container Service and Amazon EC2 Container Registry) and decide which technology best fits a given scenario.
• Report on analytics regarding software and hardware usage.
• Monitor all systems for health (e.g. Datadog, New Relic, etc.).
• Assist other engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of various teams.
• Provide level 2 technical support.
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
• Develop scripts/tools to automate duties where possible.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Must be able to use AWS Code Pipeline or Jenkins with an ability to program in Python and Lambda.
• Must have experience with Ansible or Terraform as well.
• Solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments.
• Experience with identifying and implementing automation for CI/CD.
• Experience with scripting in Bash, Python, Groovy or Ruby.
• Experience with open technologies like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, DevSecOps and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Git and others.
• Experience working with XML, JSON and YAML for configuration.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137, Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.