CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS Cloud SME/ Developer in Fairfax, Virginia
AWS Cloud SME/ Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
AWS Cloud SME/ Developer
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-1015
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Work within an agile team to enhance and maintain business applications and systems from CGI’s Fairfax, VA offices. Work with the team to design and maintain AWS cloud environments for development, testing and Production. Assist in deploying applications to the AWS cloud environments via automated pipelines. Participate in the design and development of business applications. This support includes pre- and post-deployment to operations and maintenance. Perform analysis and evaluation of component packages and software related to incidents and troubleshooting. Perform testing, evaluation, installation, configuration, and development of application releases required by the remediation along with required code changes. Install and upgrade software, patch, and plugins to ensure and sustain security compliance. Support smoke testing, installation, rollbacks, configuration, application verification, deployment, troubleshooting, upgrades, high availability design, and production tasks of application releases and/or software.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide subject matter expertise to the team in AWS cloud design and operations: recommend AWS services to leverage in environment designs, develop scaling strategies to minimize cost while protecting business application performance, develop SOPs for business application operations in AWS environments, and support IT operations.
• Work with different contractors/vendors supporting ongoing effort of various integrations to AWS.
• Participate in software programming and testing initiatives.
• Contribute to the development of documentation.
• Work closely with clients and cross-functional departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance and to communicate project statuses and proposals.
• Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
• Participate in the entire software development lifecycle.
• Monitor system performance.
• Develop and execute project plans.
• Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
• Test new software and fixing bugs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• This Federal customer has a residency requirement that requires you to have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years, consecutively, unless you are a US Citizen living abroad.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree.
• Be able to demonstrate understanding of the AWS platform.
• Two (2)+ years of working experience with AWS. Experience must include: working with AWS pipeline services (CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy), AWS Lambda, AWS Cloudwatch.
• Cognizant of current AWS technologies to formulate new solution and/or make recommendations.
• Significant software engineering or software development experience.
• Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages (Java/JEE or Angular).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Experience working with clients and business partners.
• Excellent coding skills.
• Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
• The ideal candidate will possess one AWS certification to demonstrate understanding of platform
Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.