CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud Hosting Manager in Durham, North Carolina
Cloud Hosting Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud Hosting Manager
City: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Position ID: J1020-2452
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As more and more organizations are looking to migrate their workloads to cloud environments to take advantage of cost savings and reduce their overall physical computing asset inventories, there are many opportunities to design and build out cloud-enabled and cloud-native environments for our customers’ mission critical applications. This position requires understanding of technical architecture design, including appreciation for translating customer requirements into scalable, highly available systems operating in the Azure cloud. Candidates should have experience migrating one or more applications to the Azure cloud, and be able to provide insight into the types of decisions that need to be made when migrating to the cloud
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Gain an understanding of the existing technical environments and workloads that are targeted to migrate to the cloud, taking note of any potential gaps or risks
• Perform Analyses of Alternatives for selection of new tools to replace toolsets that are not supported in the cloud, not optimized for the cloud, or do not take advantage of newer leading edge technology available in the cloud
• Work with the team to build out prototypes of application environments in the cloud as a proof of concept, while building insight into what works and what doesn’t work as well. Make recommendations on how to achieve additional cost savings taking advantage of cloud-enabled technologies.
• Perform testing of cloud-based infrastructure, to include performance testing, high availability testing, disaster recovery testing, etc.
• Stand up software development lifecycle tools, such as source control, issue management, knowledge base, service desk support, etc.
• Support the build-out of development, QA, and production environments within the cloud
• Work closely with the development team to establish build environments which take advantage of continuous integration, continuous deployment, etc. to reduce the overall time for code to be deployed to production
• Lead technical discussions, work collaboratively with others, and communicate effectively with customers and team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience planning, designing, and upgrading complex IT infrastructure environments for Federal government agencies.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with customer stakeholders to operate and enhance IT infrastructure to align with client business portfolios and service-level requirements.
Demonstrated experience managing complex IT infrastructure and developing scalable enterprise technology strategies across multiple platforms.
• Demonstrated experience with IT infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to, Windows and Linux operating systems and associated technologies, storage systems, server hardware, monitoring tools, and virtualization platforms. Knowledge and experience with client server and cloud computing (private, public, and hybrid)
Ability to work in a matrix team environment and continue to develop skills with new and emerging technologies and tools.
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 6
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.