CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SAP Business Analyst in District of Columbia, Washington
SAP Business Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
SAP Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: District of Columbia, Washington, United States
Position ID: J0121-0801
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Seeking an experienced business systems analyst with strong customer service skills to provide support for the client’s SAP core financial system. Federal financial management/accounting and/or SAP experience is needed to be successful in this role. This support may include analyzing SAP issues and proposing solutions, analyzing business processes and proposing SAP solutions, conducting informal training, assisting with error resolution and troubleshooting, performing data reconciliation, and providing financial management guidance. This candidate will work with other CGI members and directly with the client on a regular basis, so should have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently and take ownership of tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
1) Provide functional support in the operations and maintenance of the SAP application.
2) Analyze and resolve issues as identified by the client across different SAP modules.
3) Execute various SAP reports to identify documents or issues that need to be resolved and work with other teams to resolve the issues.
4) Work with interface partners to reconcile data and take correction actions as needed.
5) Document issues and resolutions as well as procedures and processes clearly and concisely.
6) Perform testing as needed to confirm issues or support system enhancements.
7) Have a desire to gain functional understanding of systems, specifically SAP, and to build on that knowledge to provide direction and support to our customer. Knowledge share with CGI team members.
8) Identify and communicate risks and issues to CGI management.
9) Be an active participant in business development activities. (E.g., discuss challenges with client, identify potential solutions/opportunities and discuss with CGI management and client as needed, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Federal financial management/accounting and/or SAP Financials (FI) module experience.
• Ability to use the SAP web portal to troubleshoot issues effectively with display access only.
• Strong MS Office (MS Excel) skills.
• Ability to work well with different teams.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong customer service skills. (E.g., Ability and desire to develop and maintain productive client relationships.)
• Strong oral communication/presentation skills.
• Strong written communication skills (both with and without templates).
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently (at client site and remotely) and manage multiple task assignments and priorities.
• Ability to work under deadlines and productively in a dynamically-changing environment.
• Ability and desire to inform CGI management of tasking, issues, risks, and opportunities as needed.
• Team-oriented, self-starter who owns work to completion.
• SAP Funds Management (FM), Materials Management (MM), and Sales Distribution (SD) module experience.
• Microsoft Access
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 2-5 years
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $50,900-$105,000
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- SAP Financials
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.