CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Program Manager (Utilities - Electric) in Denver, Colorado
Technical Program Manager (Utilities - Electric)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Technical Program Manager (Utilities - Electric)
Category: Project Management
City: Denver, Colorado, United States
Position ID: J0220-0981
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Technical Program Manager with 10+ years of experience to join a program team which is leading a highly critical and visible program as part of the Advanced Grid initiative at a leading US utility. You will lead the delivery of a critical project to deploy an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS).
The project will develop integrations to existing systems and deploy to each of three operating companies. You will be responsible for leading the end to end Project Managers in the coordination of technical teams, product vendor teams, and business users to support the planning of the work, managing a cross-functional team comprised of employees, contractors and vendors at distributed work locations, and mitigating technical issues and risks.
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! Come be part of our top global utility practice, serving 250+ utility providers in electric, water, and natural gas, including 8 of the top 10 in both Europe and North America. Our team of 6,500+ utility experts has significant expertise in providing the right approach to transforming electric utilities to a smarter, decarbonized grid. Our culture is collaborative and casual and we are looking for additional electric utility SMEs to join.
This career opportunity can be located in either Denver, CO or Roseville, MN. Also, may consider a "Traveler" option.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Deliver in-flight projects on time and on budget, coordinating across the multiple waves.
• Provide hands-on leadership and support to project managers who are responsible for project deployment. Participate in daily project management activities and serve as an escalation point for decision making.
• Ensure that schedules and resource plans are properly maintained. Provide consistency across project waves. Maintain program-level views of delivery schedules.
• Coordinate resource assignments across project waves. Set priorities, review allocations, and provide recommendations. Identify resource needs, constraints and make recommendations to resolve gaps.
• Build and maintain relationships with Business stakeholders.
• Participate in issue management, serving as an escalation point for the project waves. Drive solutions to project wave issues. Assist the PM in gaining the correct priority and resource allocation for issue resolution.
• Participate in risk management, serving as an escalation point for the project waves. Monitor project activities, identify risks, and develop mitigating solutions.
• Build and maintain relationships with matrixed, supporting organizations including Enterprise Security, Enterprise Architecture, Network, and Infrastructure.
• Provide program level communications including program status meetings, status reports, governance presentations, and ad-hoc issue overviews. Ensure that project wave dashboards are maintained.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10 years work experience in designing and implementing new large-scale systems across multiple hardware and software platforms, IT architecture and related functions at a large corporation.
• Experience in IT/OT experience within T&D Organizations: EMS, ADMS, GIS, OMS, NERC CIP, SCADA.
• Demonstrated program manager level experience managing multiple, concurrent software delivery projects.
• Minimum of 10 years program/project management experience. Documented experience managing software implementation projects with a $5M project budget or greater.
• Utility experience in the OT and SCADA functional area.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver in a highly matrixed organization.
• Proven system implementation experience affecting at least 100 users.
• Ability to deliver in compliance with policies, regulations, and standards.
• Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills.
Will require between 25 - 50% travel.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.