CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Electric Utilities Program Manager (ADMS) in Denver, Colorado
Electric Utilities Program Manager (ADMS)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Electric Utilities Program Manager (ADMS)
Category: Project Management
City: Denver, Colorado, United States
Position ID: J0320-1231
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is seeking an Electric Utilities Program Manager who will be accountable for the on-time, on-budget delivery of an in-flight Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) deployment. The program will implement Schneider Electric’s ADMS into all three of the client’s control areas. Each control area implementation is a separate project wave, delivering a separate instance of the ADMS software. The Program Manager will be working in a hands-on delivery capacity.
Dress (client) is business casual; Flexible work hours but, culture leans toward an earlier workday (i.e. - there will not be many people in the office at 5:30pm); Enterprise uses Skype for communication; and most of our team works from home on Fridays, although the official policy is to work on-site.
This career opportunity can be located in either Denver, CO or Roseville, MN. Also, will consider a "Traveler" option.
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! CGI is one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 77,500 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide.
Come be part of our team who supports a top global utility practice, serving 250+ utility providers in electric, water, and natural gas, including 8 of the top 10 in both Europe and North America.
CGI’s services and solutions cover the entire value and supply chains of the electricity industry. We focus on the end-to-end needs of our clients, as they move to more customer-centric business models and seek to achieve operational excellence in the digital age.
*53 million smart gas and electricity meters in Britain will communicate through CGI systems
*4 million+ smart meters in Europe and North America are managed by CGI’s Sm@rtering solution
*8 million homes are powered by electricity producers using CGI’s Renewables Management System (RMS)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Electric Utilities Program Manager is responsible for delivering in-flight waves on time and on budget, coordinating across the multiple waves, managing a cross-functional team comprised of employees, contractors and vendors at distributed work locations, and mitigating issues and risks.
• Provide hands-on leadership and support to project managers who are responsible for project wave deployment. Participate in daily project management activities and serve as an escalation point for decision making.
• Ensure that schedules and resource plans are properly maintained. Provide consistency across project waves. Maintain program-level views of delivery schedules.
• Coordinate resource assignments across project waves. Set priorities, review allocations, and provide recommendations. Identify resource needs, constraints and make recommendations to resolve gaps.
• Build and maintain relationships with Business stakeholders.
• Participate in issue management, serving as an escalation point for the project waves. Drive solutions to project wave issues. Assist the PM in gaining the correct priority and resource allocation for issue resolution.
• Participate in risk management, serving as an escalation point for the project waves. Monitor project activities, identify risks, and develop mitigating solutions.
• Build and maintain relationships with matrixed, supporting organizations including Enterprise Security, Enterprise Architecture, Network, and Infrastructure.
• Provide program level communications including program status meetings, status reports, governance presentations, and ad-hoc issue overviews. Ensure that project wave dashboards are maintained.
Up to 25% travel.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated program manager level experience managing multiple, concurrent software delivery projects.
• Minimum of 10 years program/project management experience. Documented experience managing software implementation projects with a $5M project budget or greater.
• Utility experience in the OT and SCADA functional area.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver in a highly matrixed organization.
• Proven system implementation experience affecting at least 100 users.
• Ability to deliver in compliance with policies, regulations, and standards.
• Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in one of the following:
o IT/OT Experience within T&D Organizations: EMS, ADMS, GIS, OMS, NERC CIP, SCADA.
• Minimum 4 years of Consulting Experience
• Minimum 3 years of Utilities and/or Transmission and Distribution Experience
• Experience in operational technology and real-time systems
• Minimum 15+ years of project leadership / solution architecture experience, including 5+ years’ experience leading large complex enterprise level experience projects and budgets
• Experience within a formal PMO IT Software delivery environment
• Must be adept at managing stakeholder expectations, scope, requirements, design, development, testing and deployment using a defined SDLC approach via both internal and external (Vendor) project team resources
The primary responsibilities include:
• Leads design workshops, assessments, and planning sessions. Reviews and approves technical designs.
• Collaborates with technical resources to accomplish hardware installation, environment setup, production certification, software deployment, integration development, testing, deployment, data management, and vendor technical activities
• Serves as technical liaison to other teams involved in project
• Provides technical insights on business area specific technology. Assures there is traceability from requirements to design to as-built solution.
• Works closely with IT Security to ensure adherence to security standards
• Facilitates communications across teams / SMEs
• Performs issue identification and resolution
• Point of contact with leadership to represent technical status, issues /options for resolution, and risks/mitigations
• Ensures adherence to software life-cycle management processes for technical processes and artifacts
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.