CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director Data Architecture and Engineering in Denver, Colorado
Director Data Architecture and Engineering
Find similar career opportunities
Director Data Architecture and Engineering
City: Denver, Colorado, United States
Position ID: J0319-0887
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Data Architecture and Engineering – Director with a proven technical experience to join its Digital Insights Practice. The candidate will lead and guide the technical team for a key client. The candidate will lead workshops with client, stakeholders, lead business use case definition, data management and platform design. The candidate should demonstration and advance ability to manage large data sets, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques, proven experience in application architecture, Cloud Solutions with emerging technologies, Big Data, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Lead and participate in the review and understanding of data requirements for data projects, application development and reporting projects on modern data platforms with Hadoop and NoSQL.
• At least 2+ years of experience in implementing Data Solutions in Azure or AWS
• Understanding of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Lead and perform data analysis activities including data profiling, creation of data dictionaries, data transformation rules and integration requirements
• Design, build, and deploy database applications. Manage data architecture requirements
• Design, develop, apply and support data standardization policies
• Analyze enterprise and application logical and physical data models and associated business rules to insure standards and best practices are followed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Advanced or a bachelor’s degree in scientific or analytic field and 12 years+ of proven and relevant in the application architecture development environment.
• Experience with Modern data architectures including Hadoop, nosql and Machine Learning
• Experience translating business requirements into Data Structure requirements and logical and physical model
• Demonstrated ability with enterprise application and database driven applications
• Advance technical knowledge and background in the areas of Big Data, Data modeling, EDW, Data Mart, data management, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data integration (ETL) and Data Security.
• Proven Experience in Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, OLAP Cubes, and Bus Matrix Mapping)
• Proven understanding in databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Hive, Spark), noSQL, and business analytics
• Depth understanding in system development life cycle and successfully deployed reliable data systems and data quality management systems.
• Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
• Azure and AWS required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.