CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. ADMS/SCADA Systems Analyst (Utilities - Electric) in Denver, Colorado
ADMS/SCADA Systems Analyst (Utilities - Electric)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
ADMS/SCADA Systems Analyst (Utilities - Electric)
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Denver, Colorado, United States
Position ID: J0220-2072
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking an ADMS/SCADA Systems Analyst is accountable for building and maintaining templates (device points list standards) in the ADMS solution to support device instantiation, support various modes of testing with lab or field personnel, and ultimately ensure accurate controlling of devices from the ADMS application.
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! Come be part of our top global utility practice, serving 250+ utility providers in electric, water, and natural gas, including 8 of the top 10 in both Europe and North America. Our team of 6,500+ utility experts has significant expertise in providing the right approach to transforming electric utilities to a smarter, decarbonized grid. Our culture is collaborative and casual and we are looking for additional electric utility SMEs to join.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
This career opportunity can be located in Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Configure ADMS/SCADA system components (e.g., RTU, supervisory control, area of responsibility, alarming, tagging, historical configuration tables, etc.) to support communications and control of 10,000+ remote field devices. Includes configuration of frontend processors (FEP) as well as DNP3 and Inter Control Center Communications Protocol (ICCP).
• Test configured components using several approaches, including device configuration testing in a lab environment, reconciliation of data fed from Energy Management System (EMS/SCADA integration) source system, and support for field testing of individual devices.
• Troubleshoot defects and determine resolution path, including engagement of the vendor if required. Coordinate cross-team work efforts to support testing and troubleshooting of defects identified during testing. Troubleshooting generally includes engagement with other teams, including corporate (IT) and operational (OT) network communications, corporate (IT) server management disciplines, corporate (IT) cyber security, various Distribution Engineering partners, Transmission EMS/SCADA support team, Substation Engineering, Substation Communication Engineering, other company owned data warehouses, and project management.
• Create and maintain tools and reporting used for real-time database configuration management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience building and maintaining SCADA databases and device templates.
• Proven experience troubleshooting SCADA and SCADA template issues found during lab testing, field testing, and production operations.
• Demonstrated experience with various protocols including DNP3 and ICCP
• Proven experience troubleshooting real-time data protocols using tools such as Wireshark or ASE2000 communications test set
• Utility and Electric Distribution, Outage Management, or Distribution Grid Management systems experience preferred.
• Proven experience maintaining engineering documentation with a revision control system
• General understanding of Microsoft Windows Server (2015/2018) environment. The ability to troubleshoot and utilize event logs, communication settings and command line tools
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.