CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Telecommunications Business Analyst in Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Business Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Telecommunications Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Dallas, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0572
Employment Type: Full Time
Working as a Business Analyst, you will act as a liaison between the business client and the application teams. You will be expected to leverage your technical & functional expertise in identifying, evaluating, and understanding basic systems. You will have the business knowledge and perspective of a particular business and the IT needs of that business unit. Acting as a liaison representing your department by gathering business specifications and requirements. You will understand and document business processes. You will be the primary contact to IT for that particular business unit’s needs that are moderately complex in nature.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will help our clients by being responsible for solving organizational information problems and requirements by reviewing requirements; documenting processes; recommending system controls and protocols.
• Determine operational needs by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats,; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures and processes.
• Defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and provide training to users.
• Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business, or a related field
• Relevant Business Analyst experience
• 0-4+ years of management consulting, advisory or professional services consulting experience
• Gathering business requirements, gap analysis, process flows, road mapping, solution design
• Establishing immediate credibility with clients, internal stakeholders & leaders.
• Build consensus and achieve goals through influence and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• High attention to detail through proofing, follow-through and scheduling
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment balancing priorities for efficient workflow
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
• Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
• A team player that is able to put the project or team success before their own, while also developing other members of team
• High integrity, follow through and detailed orientated
• Adeptness to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently
This position can be located anywhere in the United States however the preferred location is Dallas, Texas.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $67,000-$100,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.