CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Engineer - Full Stack in Dallas, Texas
Software Engineer - Full Stack
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Software Engineer - Full Stack
City: Dallas, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0421-0181
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team in Dallas, TX.
If you are an experienced hands-on Software engineer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer having a high degree of competence in developing easy-to-use, customer focused APIs and capabilities which power web and mobile online platforms. You will help us design and develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience. Also you will be involved in developing responsive user interfaces to integrate with backend services. You’ll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and aligned to overall Architecture
• Design, Develop and test highly scalable Web and API services that power both web and mobile platforms
• Participate in design reviews
• Participate in CI/CD activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years of proven software development experience developing enterprise solutions
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing Web services and API solutions using various Java based frameworks
• Minimum 2+ years proven development experience in frameworks such as Angular 8+, ReactJS, NodeJS, Typescript.
• Good understanding of Domain Driven design & MicroService Architecture
• Knowledge of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services
• Experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (Swagger)
• Experience in testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test
• Knowledge in DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker)
• Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.