Senior Cloud Data Engineer
Senior Cloud Data Engineer
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
Main location: United States, Texas, Dallas
Position ID: J1023-1449
Employment Type: Full Time
In the Emerging Technologies Practice at CGI, our consultants and technologists apply their deep expertise and problem-solving skills to implement cutting-edge and industry best solutions. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join our team. Our Data Engineers work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process, and transform data. In this role, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients’ needs.
Seeking candidates in Austin, Dallas and Houston. Hybrid role(2 days onsite).
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Work within technical teams to develop, implement, and operationalize advanced data pipelines for reporting, machine learning, and other business critical applications
• Define customer and business requirements to implement robust cloud-based data pipeline solutions for end users.
• Regularly interface with client sponsors and team members to meet project deadlines and provide clear communication with the team
• Provide documentation and explanation of technical solutions in a professional manner
• Collaborate and closely align with solution architects, senior data engineers, data analysts, and cloud engineering teams
• Expertise and hands-on experience developing and deploying SQL, Python, and Spark-based data pipelines into production environments
• Expertise with OLTP (i.e. MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and OLAP (i.e. Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse) database technologies
• Experience with at least one major cloud platform (i.e. Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud)
• Experience using data manipulation tools to source, transform, and blend data from multiple different data sources
• Experience using Big Data or Cloud integration technologies such as Databricks, Matillion, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, etc.
• Experience integrating with a variety of data sources including APIs, databases, on-prem applications, cloud applications, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
5 Plus years of Data engineering experience is a Must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, presentation, and data narration/storytelling abilities
• Hands-on technical experience with DevOps and CI/CD processes and tools, such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, and Google Cloud Build
• Experience in creating dashboards and visualization utilizing popular BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker.
• Experience creating streaming pipelines using technologies such as Kafka, Azure Event Hub, AWS Kinesis, etc.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000 - $186,000.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.