CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Secretary III- Administrative Support (CRS) in Dallas, Texas
Secretary III- Administrative Support (CRS)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Secretary III- Administrative Support (CRS)
City: Dallas, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0221-1429
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a Secretary III to provide administrative support to CRS, a division with the Department of Justice.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Provide administrative and clerical support to all civilian employees assigned to the component (Regional/Field office staff). Each secretary will assist other senior staff members on occasion, with correspondence and administrative matters.
Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the supervisor and staff, and provides administrative support for their day-to-day activities. Works fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance. Performs varied clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
Carries out recurring office procedures independently, by using greater judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations. Interprets and adapts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations. Duties include or are comparable to the following:
• Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered;
• Reads publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important to the supervisor and staff;
• Prepares special or one time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., under general directions;
• Prepares travel authorization and vouchers for staff using an automated travel system;
• Researches supply needs, generate spreadsheets and forms with supply details for ordering purposes;
• Prepares documentation and report requests related to Non-IT related property and GSA Fleet program;
• Supports regional offices in the area of records management, conferences, reports, inquiries, etc.
• Performs other duties assigned that are administrative in nature.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Editing and proofreading skills required.
• Knowledge and understanding of administrative support functions.
• Required to be proficient in office products, such as internet/intranet, Word, Excel and PowerPoint for secretarial/word processor/spreadsheet/data base/power point requirements. Must be able to save, retrieve, edit, and present text, spreadsheets and/or charts. Prepares in final format, correspondence, statistical and managerial reports.
• Must be proficient in grammar, spelling and punctuation and is also required to produce printed materials accurately.
• Education – high school or equivalent.
• General Experience – 2 years of progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
• Specific Experience – 1 year experience that provides the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position to coordinate a wide-variety of clerical duties.
Must be able to successfully pass a CGI Federal background investigation
Must be able to obtain/maintain a DOJ MRPT clearance
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.