CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Scrum Master in Dallas, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Dallas, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1121-1465
Employment Type: Full Time
The Scrum Master is a facilitator for an agile team working in the agile/scrum methodology. The Scrum Master serves as a point person responsible for understanding the big development picture for each sprint and is also responsible for removing impediments to the scrum team. This role often works closely with the product owner to translate epics, user stories, and other sprint list items into actionable tasks for the scrum team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Facilitating the Agile ceremonies, specifically Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Retro and Sprint Review/Demo sessions for the teams
• Facilitating and leading individual Scrum teams in all aspects of Scrum: daily standups, planning, self-organization, collaboration, and iterative development
• Helping the team continuously make progress on the project by making sure each person is working on the right tasks, helping to remove any obstacles to the team members’ progress, and protecting the team from distractions.
• Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values and help drive them towards continuous Agile improvement by leveraging techniques such as Maturity assessments
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assist with internal and external communication by providing Agile metrics and reporting, improving transparency, and radiating information through burn up and burn down charts as well as other means.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong Background in Project or Program Management
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
• Self-supervisory, self-motivated, results-oriented and comfortable setting and meeting deadlines
• Excellent written and communication skills - ability to effectively document and present ideas both verbally and visually
• Strong team player with the ability to influence and negotiate and work effectively with groups/team dynamic
• Strong listener - ability to quickly understand and incorporate general direction and specific feedback in project work
• Naturally detail-oriented with the ability to balance value versus effort
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ of Scrum Master experience
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience using Agile-tracking tools (Jira or similar tool)
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $78,000-$93,000*
Est. Hourly Range (Colorado Only): $60-$70/hr
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Jira management software
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.