CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Developer (DevOps) in Dallas, Texas
Java Developer (DevOps)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Java Developer (DevOps)
City: Dallas, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0620-1599
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for a Java Developer (DevOps) to join our financial services team in Plano, TX. Ideal Candidate would be a strong Java Developer with DevOps skills, coupled with strong backend skills in SpringBoot. AWS experience/knowledge are nice additions not required though.
DevOps experience includes strong configuration management experience, building java applications and deploying to on-prem and AWS environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Advanced proficiency in coding in Java. Hands on development experience is a must
• Advanced proficiency in DevOps - CM, Build & Deploy
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years of IT experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• 3+ years of hands-on DevOps experience on Configuration Management, Build and Deploy
• Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.|
• Experience in testing automation using Junit/Mockito, Cucumber
• Hands-On experience with database development using SQL
• Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment
• Experience in building application CICD pipeline using Jenkins, expertize in setting up CI/CD
• Experience with Jenkins 2.0 is nice to have, experience with shared library, templating engine, setting up pipeline as a code
• Should be hands on with application build automation tool Maven/Gradle
• Experience in Configuration Management working with application GIT/Bit Bucket
• Experience with branching strategies, managing multiple versions
• Experience in using Sonar for continuous inspection of application code to detect bugs, code smells and security vulnerabilities
• Experience in using Nexus Artifact repository & Component lifecycle management for given application
• Experience in automating application deployments to on-prem and AWS Infrastructure
• Experience with full SDLC lifecycle, taking from Dev to Release
• Examples of bringing optimization
• Enterprise change management, release management experience
• Superior time management and work organization
• Strong verbal and oral communication
• Work as a team in a fast paced agile environment
• Passion for continuous improvement and learning
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Post graduate degree desired
Java Enterprise Editions JEE
Object Oriented Analyss&Design
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.