System Administrator - Momentum ERP REQUIRED
Crystal City, VA
System Administrator - Momentum ERP REQUIRED
Category: Database Administration
Main location: United States, Virginia, Crystal City
Position ID: J0723-1534
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a System Administrator to support our client within the Intel Community located in Crystal City, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ability to learn and operate in a dynamic environment
• Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation and to learn and adapt quickly
• Install, maintain and upgrade IT systems, equipment, hardware, software and servers
• Create administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software, validate and implement critical system patches, and allocate mass storage space
• Configure and maintain an Active Directory Forest, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
• Perform Windows Server management: install, secure, monitor, maintain and retire Windows servers, both physical and virtual in a global and high availability environment
• Engineering analysis for application modernization, virtualization, and migration activities for classified systems
• Document all facets of integration and any impact to established infrastructure
• Evaluate, recommend, integrate, and implement new system architectures
• Assess infrastructure and hosting requirements and recommending enhancements
• Monitor system availability and responding to unplanned events
• Execute the processes and activities for solution backup, recovery, refresh/cloning, performance tuning, and security (physical and data)
• Install and verifying application patches, security and configuration updates
• Support and perform capacity planning, Disaster Recovery, testing, etc.
• Perform software application and database upgrades; cloning; patching; monitoring and tuning the Production and Non-Production environments
• Troubleshoot advanced functional, technical, and integration issues
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with CI polygraph clearance required
• 5+ years of Systems Administration experience
• Comptia Security+ (or comparable) certification required
• Experience working with Linux Red Hat Operating System (O/S)
• Experience with reading/writing shell scripts, SQL and PL/SQL scripts
• Experience with applying patches and clone environments
• Past working experience with hosting complex ERPs systems in a DoD or Intelligence Community (IC) environment
• Experienced programming skills for database management and general software
• Experience with TCP/IP communications and how common protocols and applications work at the network level
• Experience with network monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting, and configuration control technologies
• Execute and troubleshoot of day-to-day functions
• Experience with VMware virtualization products to optimize and mage IT resources for servers, desktop, applications and infrastructure
• Comprehensive knowledge of basic computer hardware and software fundamentals
• Understanding of routing and firewalls
• Experience with Windows client operating systems, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft Visio
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 3-5 years’ experience with Momentum is required
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $97,460 to $158,070.
DNS / DHCP
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.