CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Development Manager in Crystal City, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Crystal City, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0819-0469
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of a growing team implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers. If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement an ERP software solution that greatly enhances Government customer contracting business practices, then we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Software Development Manager. In this role, you will lead software design and development activities related to the direct implementation of ERP applications for Government customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee technical design and development activities
• Review functional designs and help determine recommended technical solutions to meet functional requirements.
• Manage the overall development schedule for all development activities, including development tasks, and developer resources
• Participate in project status and planning sessions with leadership team
• Coordinate development activities across the entire team, including the technical, functional, and testing teams.
• Coordinate development and application build activities
• Support software deployment and release processes
• Provide technical expertise and content to a number of key written architecture and planning deliverable s
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum three years’ experience managing developers
• Minimum six years’ experience in Software Development or ERP implementations and deployments
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to learn and understand the nature of DoD contracting and acquisition business processes
• US Citizenship is required
• Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• Development experience with Java and/or C+• Hands-on experience with Oracle Databases, Oracle Tuxedo, Oracle Weblogic, webMethods, Records Management software, Business Process Management (BPM) tools.
• Experience with Oracle database and strong SQL skills
• Working experience in UNIX /Linux based environments
• Experience with implementing in commercial cloud service providers.
• Experience with JIRA
• Momentum ERP experience
- Development (Fed)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.