CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Solution Architect (.Net) in Columbus, Ohio
Solution Architect (.Net)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Solution Architect (.Net)
City: Columbus, Ohio, US United States
Position ID: J0421-2368
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for talented hands-on technical application architects and senior engineers to help accelerate our growing Cloud Services practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join CGI’s Emerging Technology group. Here in Emerging Technology, we work will organizations across Canada and engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for clients to help them achieve value and success from their Cloud transformation.
Our team collaborates across CGI and brings thought leadership and experience wherever it is required to drive innovation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
We are looking for hands-on application architects and developers who will:
• Work as a technical leader alongside client’s business, development and infrastructure teams
• Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
• Architect and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on hyperscale cloud platforms.
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
• Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
• Advise on implementing applications leveraging Cloud best practices
• Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
• 10 + years of large-scale software development or application engineering with recent hands-on experience in .Net and Azure
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in client-facing roles
• Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Expertise with traditional application architecture patterns and experience in incremental evolution of the architecture
• Expertise on designing and building distributed systems
• Practical experience working with heterogeneous workload types (networked monoliths, microservices & functions)
• Understanding of resilient application patterns
• Familiarity with managing large data sets (relational and non)
• Expertise in streaming and event-based distributed architectures
• Strong experience with identity and authentication
• Expert understanding of web-based architectures and implementation details
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
• Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Architecting, designing and developing applications on public cloud platforms
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.