Senior System Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Ohio, Columbus
Position ID: J0823-1271
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support a large data modernization project for a federal agency. The Senior Systems Engineer will work in an agile environment to deploy, maintain, and support the system infrastructure.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform current system assessment on the legacy system
• Support leadership with identifying roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders
• Support IMS development and provide progress updates to the Program Manager
• Define and maintain product backlog
• Develop user stories and sprint plan
• Produce and maintain as-is system architecture
• Identify all integration points
• Develop and maintain Externals integration plan
• Provide development tooling requirements
• Engage with senior client management
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience in remote infrastructure management
• Responsible for resolving all technical incidents escalated by the team
• Experience in deploying, maintaining, and supporting infrastructure and storage systems in an enterprise environment
• Experience on project and build work
• Ability to analyze Change Requests; review change requests with the client & stakeholders; validate the information and implement changes
• Participate in Problem Management review meetings and provide root cause analysis
• Ability to handle and drive Incident Review by identifying potential Problems; recommend solutions to be implemented
• Communicate effectively (verbal and written) and clearly within the team and with all the stakeholders
• Provide technical oversight and consultation services
• Perform all security/compliance functions for the server environments
• Experience in the practice of Agile methodology
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with team members, customers and support personnel
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Experience with AWS/Azure Cloud implementations
• Experience with system modernization management
• Experience supporting a Department of Defense (DOD) client
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $115,000 - $135,000.
Dev/Tools Infrastructure Supp
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.