CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Quality Assurance Tester in Columbus, Ohio
Senior Quality Assurance Tester
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Columbus, Ohio, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Tester (5+ years of experience) to join our team in Columbus, OH in support of a Child Welfare/SACWIS system we are delivering for a State Government. Will be working and interacting with a team of people in both onsite and offsite locations to help provide the overall solution. Experience in the Child Welfare space is helpful, but not required. A small amount of travel may be required.
We offer an exciting full-time opportunity with the 5th largest IT Services provider in the world that includes a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand business rules of the project.
• Develop test plans/scripts for assigned business processes/functionality.
• Develop test plans for medium to large/complex systems development and maintenance projects.
• Create test coverage matrices.
• Update requirements traceability.
• Design and develops reusable and maintainable test cases and scripts.
• Coordinate with functional and technical team members to successfully prepare for tests.
• Create test data and expected results.
• Create test acceptance criteria.
• Participate as a senior member in test script reviews.
• Perform application testing to ensure programs are functional and are in compliance with various standards.
• Execute test cases.
• Create and maintain accurate documentation regarding completed test cases.
• Identify and log system incidents and defects and retest fixes.
• Work with developers, business analysts, and end user groups to identify/resolve issues with system changes.
• Provide support to client staff during their preparation for and execution of System Integration Testing (SIT)
• Provide support to client staff during their preparation for and execution of User Acceptance Test (UAT) in order to facilitate a successful UAT process by the Child Welfare workers.
• Assist in system analysis.
• Participate in stand-up meetings and other required meetings, such as test planning, retrospective, and testing status meetings as needed.
• Lead defect triage calls for work streams.
• Create required test coverage matrix and test cases/plans; update requirements traceability.
• Verify that internal documentation is updated to reflect any program changes.
• Work cooperatively with other testers and mentor them through completion of their duties.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (CS or related IT field) from a four-year college or university and 5 or more years of experience in testing for information technology systems.
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Knowledge and experience with testing tools; including test management and automated testing tools. Experience with Application Lifecycle Management/Microsoft Test Manager is preferred.
• Experience in creating test plans and test scripts.
• Experience in identifying and creating test data for specific scenarios.
• Experience in performing test scripts and reviewing actual versus expected results.
• Experience in documenting test results and defects.
• Experience in generating and analyzing quality metrics and trends.
• Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills to a structured QA testing process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Proficiency with office software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Visual Basic preferred).
• Some familiarity with SQL, Java and ETL tools (resource will not be coding but may be expected to quickly learn how to use tools to retrieve and view data).
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while meeting quality requirements.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Communicate clearly with business analysts, developers, and other testing team members.
• Produce clear and concise documentation at the detail and summary level.
• Must be an independent worker and be able to prioritize own work activities with minimal guidance and coaching.
• Experience with HPQC, ALM, or Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) tool for test preparation, execution and defect management.
• Experience in Agile methodology.
• Experience in the creation and update of online user procedures and transition plan.
• Ability to plan and organize technical projects.
• Testing Management Tool: 2+ years
• Microsoft Office Tools: 5+ years
• Test script creation: 5+ years
• Test script execution: 5+ years
Test Case / Script Development
Test Planning & Implementation
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.