CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Developer in Columbus, Ohio
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Columbus, Ohio, United States
Position ID: J0120-0424
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI, a top 5 global IT consulting company, is hiring a Senior Developer to join our team in support of a Child Welfare/SACWIS system we are delivering for a State Government. Will be working and interacting with a team of people in both onsite and offsite locations to help provide the overall solution.
You will be involved in a mission critical project working with smart, dedicated people like yourself, and making an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Take your talents to a company that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide technical subject matter expertise for the Child Welfare application
• Translate functional designs into technical designs
• Perform impact analysis to determine all the portions of the application which will need updating to implement the proposed changes
• Develop and unit test code in accordance with the defined technical designs
• Create unit test plans which detail test conditions and expected results
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems that deliver high-availability and performance
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
• Prepare and produce releases of software components
• Test code changes and resolve differences between expected and actual results
• Verify team deliverables
• Assist with troubleshooting technical problems and issues
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
• Manage knowledge transfer of the application to prime contractor and state staff
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent work experience
• 3-8+ Years of proven hands-on Software Development experience
• Proven working experience in Java Web Application development.
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
• Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
• Experience in the Spring MVC Framework
• Experience in the Struts Framework
• Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
• Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
• Experience designing and developing custom software solutions
• Experience writing well designed, testable, efficient code
• Experience translating functional requirements into functional and technical design specifications
• Experience performing impact analysis to successfully create and execute effective technical designs
• Experience designing, developing and supporting high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Ability to work in a team environment and in a fast pace environment.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.