Test Automation Engineer
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
Main location: United States, Remote
Alternate Location(s): United States, South Carolina, Columbia
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
United States, Tennessee, Knoxville
Position ID: J0823-1652
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Test Automation Engineer to join our financial services team in Columbia, SC, Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
In this role, you will be responsible for test automation for various software applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze, document, and articulate business requirements for complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic for software coding. Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
• Develop detailed specifications of the application and document in a form that it can be used for coding applications. This includes architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
• Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised applications.
• Extract data requirements through various methods including individual and group discussions, independent data analysis, and extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and code.
• Confer with business units and technical staff to understand data usage, lineage, and attributes. Perform or review coding done to render specifications into application functionalities, screens, or outputs.
• Develop a test plan and/or test application in development status or debug an application in production mode.
• Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing, and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
• May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain applications in production.
• Participate in project meetings to plan to rewrite or addition to applications in production or being revised for release into production.
• May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
• Lead cross functions to ensure application enhancements quality meets expected business results. May lead test strategy and facilitate customer and end-user testing through test & learn development iterations and closing the loop on customer feedback.
• Manage end-to-end business process impacts for cross-functional/complex solutions.
• Promote productive relationships between stakeholders and technology partners, providing clarity & ensuring processes are streamlined.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years of relevant experience
• Strong knowledge of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
• Strong Experience with test automation tools like Selenide/Selenium, Cucumber, Maven, SoapUI, and Jenkins. Junit4+ Experience with automation testing of enterprise-level web and client/server applications.
• Proficiency with Java & Springboot and other applicable object-oriented language.
• Good understanding of Cloud Services like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience with SQL queries, Aurora PostGreSQL RDS, Oracle
• Strong XML and JSON message parsing
• Experience working in continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Knowledge of test management tools such as JIRA Xray, ALM, Octane, or a similar tool is desirable.
• Knowledge of testing types (functional, non-functional, end-to-end, regression testing).
• Experience working in the financial industry.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High-energy, detail-oriented, and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to provide results with minimal supervision.
• Able to write, present information, and respond to questions from stakeholders.
• Contribute individually and as a member of a team
Selenium, Cucumber, Aurora PostGreSQL, Oracle, JSON, XML, AWS, Junit 4Education:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,200.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.