CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr. Java Architect (AWS) in Columbia, South Carolina
Jr. Java Architect (AWS)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Jr. Java Architect (AWS)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Columbia, South Carolina, US United States
Position ID: J1021-0759
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Jr. Java Architect (AWS) to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Hands on development of applications in AWS and JAVA platform
• Providing solutions based on Enterprise Integration patterns, Event Driven Architecture, API, Web services, SOA and Micro Services
• Developing solution architecture across multiple architecture domains such as business, data, integration, resiliency and application
• Application solution design in AWS using AWS native services
• Data Analytics solutioning in AWS cloud using AWS native services (EMR, Redshift, Athena etc.), Apache Spark framework and using Python
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ yrs of hands on experience in Java and AWS technologies
• 2+ yrs of experience in defining deployment and resiliency architectures using serverless architecture like ECS, Fargate, Lambda etc.
• 2+ yrs of experience working with Application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
• 2+ yrs of experience w/performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
• Very good understanding of AWS Cloud Security.
• Demonstrated experience of various Cloud Technologies, industry trends and solutioning experience in Public, Hybrid Cloud and PaaS will be essential.
• Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills.
• Professional demeanor
• Skilled in AWS offerings, development and networking platforms.
• Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
• Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Visio and other Confluence tools
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional certification
Jira management software
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.