CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Application Support Specialist I (AWS, Oracle) in Columbia, South Carolina
Application Support Specialist I (AWS, Oracle)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Application Support Specialist I (AWS, Oracle)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Columbia, South Carolina, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1887
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for an Application Support Specialist I (AWS, Oracle) to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations, specifically, Troy, AL or Columbia SC. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
CGI is looking for an Application Support Specialist I to provide assistance, coordination, and communication in support of low complexity applications. This is a 24x7 environment, so candidates must be flexible to work any shift on any day, potentially including holidays.
Application Support agents will manage tickets to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using the knowledge articles and best practices or will escalate to higher tier support teams if a scripted resolution is not applicable. Support agents will also respond to requests and assist on the implementation of changes and tasks using guided instructions to perform the tasks.
Daily efforts will include performing scheduled actions or responding to automated alerts to maintain an application or other platform with a priority on the production environment and best efforts for lower environments. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Troubleshooting stoppages
• Repairing bugs
• Documenting application performance
• Coordinating with technology and/or infrastructure management
Application Support agents will be expected to adhere to strict response and resolution SLA's, and utilize skilled technical writing when documenting resolution/triage steps and continually identify and assist with the implementation of automation and service improvements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage tickets to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using knowledge articles and best practices.
• As a member of the Operations team, execute changes, runbooks and ITSRs and troubleshoot various issues across multiple platforms and applications.
• Eyes on glass monitoring of the health of applications as well as the underlying infrastructure. Proactively look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions.
• Perform analysis of data, using multiple application protocols including web, database, storage, supporting infrastructure such as DNS, LDAP, SSL, SMTP, and FTP and many other systems and technologies.
• Influence other technical teams on the calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively.
• Ensure appropriate functional and management escalation takes place as per the standards and procedures.
• Follow up on items that could potentially negatively impact production operations, assist with postmortem related activities and support various efforts related to operational improvements.
• Based on recommendations from management, implement new and improved processes, change processes, perform new tasks, create reports and address ad-hoc requests.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1+ year of AWS, Oracle, Autosys, and MyServices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Strong aptitude for attention to details.
• Strong ability to work through conflicts
• Ability to analyze dashboards and reporting/monitoring tools to look at trends and patterns in application health and performance.
• Knowledge of PC usage and related software packages (e.g. outlook, browsers, SharePoint, Office Suite)
• Basic knowledge of ITIL
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to handle high level volume of work
• Ability to work in a strict SLA-driven environment
• Ability to focus on details, detail-oriented
• Ability to follow strict client procedures and guidelines
• Able to maintain professionalism while directly interacting with clients/customers
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Display a positive attitude to ensure an exceptional client experience as well as quality work is provided
• Execute problem-solving initiative and being proactive in finding a solution.
• Take initiative to improve self-development along with job-related skills
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Exposure to a ticket tracking tool such as Remedy, Service Now or OPSPortal is desired
Associate degree. Bachelor’s degree can be substituted for the 1 year of IT support or call center experience.
One (1) year experience in IT support or call center support may be substituted for the Associates Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.