CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Agile Release Train Engineer in Columbia, South Carolina
Agile Release Train Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Agile Release Train Engineer
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Columbia, South Carolina, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1140
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for an Agile Release Train Engineer to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART)
• Assist tracking the execution of features/capabilities and manage risks and dependencies.
• Escalate and track impediments and provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
• Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the practices associated with DevOps and Release on Demand in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
• Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
• Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
• Facilitate the PI planning event Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
• Previous Release, Project, or Program Management experience
• Experience working with SAFe Agile software development teams and managing project deadlines (ideally in a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Development Lead role)
• Experience in Agile and Lean Agile methodologies
• Hands-on experience in CICD and DevOps
• Experience with briefing leadership and/or customers of key status of project progression
• Experience communicating with and briefing status to external stakeholders, including customer/government representatives
• Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
• Experience using agile project management tools (e.g. Jira, VersionOne, Rallye, IBM RTC)
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary development teams
• Must have the ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and time management skills are a must
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP) desired
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.