CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Big Data Architect in Cleveland, Ohio
Big Data Architect
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
We have an immediate need to hire an accomplished Big Data Architect to join our Banking Group in the Great Lakes business unit in Cleveland, OH. We offer an exciting full-time opportunity that includes a complete benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Drive information strategy and analysis engagements for clients’ business groups
• Big Data Architecture, Information and Business Intelligence strategy engagement experience in banking domain
• Solution architecture experience in translating business needs and vision into roadmap, project deliverables and organization strategy
• Delivery Lead and lead developer for multiple big data projects. Should be able to lead from a technology perspective on big data technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie, Kafka and Spark.
• Programming experience in Python, Java or Scala
• Knowledge of data science, machine learning and statistical modeling techniques in banking domain
• Work closely with the model development group to understand and meet business needs through the appropriate design and implementation of the model(s)
• Deep understanding of rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to business leaders
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years of experience
• 4+ Experience in big data architecture, data warehouse and application development in technical lead architect capacity
• Must have programming skills in Big data ecosystem such as: Apache Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie, Kafka and Spark
• Experience in understanding data processing from Teradata/ Oracle or any SQL database environment
• Understanding of analytical techniques including segmentation, cluster analysis, and regression
• Programming experience in Python, Java or Scala
• Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management skills
• Banking domain experience highly desired
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Business or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.