CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Cloud Architect in Chicago, Illinois
Senior Cloud Architect
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Chicago, Illinois, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Senior Cloud Architect to work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world’s largest enterprises. This role will be involved in technical decision-making meetings with senior level management, including SVPs, VPs and CEO/CTOs. The Senior Cloud Architect will also be involved in and support CGI in pre-sales meetings with potential clients or customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participates actively in Cloud Foundry Dojos
• Implements Cloud Foundry in VSphere infrastructure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) IaaS
• Supports customers in integrating Cloud Foundry with their existing logging and monitoring solutions
• Helps customers create or integrate with existing CI/CD pipeline
• Manages existing Cloud Foundry installations and helps scale them for production environment
• Helps customers choose the right applications for cloud conversion.
• Supports customers in creating a platform/application-level scaffolding for migrating multiple applications to cloud
• Assists customers with migrating legacy applications to cloud
• Pairs with customers’ architects/developers to impart the skills needed to be successful in their long-term digital transformation efforts
• Enables customers to build a new class of digital applications as they transform their business
• Travel required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Customer-focused, hands-on technical expert with the ability to consult with leadership
• Experience with private and public cloud platforms and providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure
• Technical skills in Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, .NET framework/core, as well as CI/CD tools, including Jenkins, Concourse or others
• Experience and knowledge of domain-driven design, microservices architecture and Agile development
• Pivotal Cloud Foundry and BOSH experience, a plus
• Experience with Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, Redis and open-source contributor, a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and environments while being able to see and present the “big picture”
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management skills and organizational skills
• Hands-on, technical subject matter expert with the propose, present and influence architectural design ideas to executives and technical management and work with customers’ developers, architects and technical management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.