CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Trade Group - Business Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
Trade Group - Business Analyst
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Business Analyst interested in careers in the Information Technology field. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Working as a Business Analysis, you will be developing knowledge of the client’s industry, customers, organization and business objectives in order to help the client in a problem-solving role. Assessing user requirements, procedures and problems to improve their system(s). Providing quality client support by researching possible solutions to problems, and fostering open communication between the client and the CGI project team. Tracking software and documenting defects as required.
This position will work with the Application Development & Maintenance Team in Waterville Maine and working with the Trade 360 lab.
The Business Analyst will have experience working as a business analyst and testing large scale software applications, and demonstrated ability to work in a virtual team environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Support impact analysis and business requirements phase, ensuring the delivery of quality business requirements
• Manage/Support internal and external requirement sessions with project stakeholders, impacted business areas, and technical teams to understand and review/document the high-level impact of proposed enhancements
• Thoroughly document details of all impacts by ensuring alignment with project scope and objectives
• Develops and maintain detailed user, business, program, and performance requirements for the development of software applications.
• Identify and facilitate the development of creative solutions that meet the client’s needs and/or provide growth opportunities for the team
• Execute adequate life cycle/release planning that demonstrates strong understanding of the scope of work, resources required to complete all tasks, sound assumptions, and clear understanding and recognition of risks involved
• Identify risks/issues and escalate to project management and client, as required, including mitigation strategies and contingency plans
• Supporting system testing activities including test preparation, ensuring test cases and scripts cover all requirements and design specifications. Writing automated and manual test cases and test scripts based on requirements and user stories.
• Executing test cases manually or using automated test tools and supporting User Acceptance Testing and Validation Testing efforts.
• Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing
and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
• Logging defects, testing/retesting defects, tracking progress and results and reporting status to the project lead.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required Skills and Education
• Experience writing system requirements and UI design.
• Experience conducting/participating in design sessions
• Ability to work with team of Business Analysts. Testers and Developers to ensure full coverage of business requirements and the ability to provide estimates on various SDLC tasks
• 2+ years in quality assurance, test strategy, test planning, test execution
• Thorough working knowledge of developing, maintaining, and executing test strategies/plans/cases
• Experience in analyzing and decomposing requirements and creating testing strategy/plan as well as testing estimates and work plan
• Experience detailing test plans, test cases, tracking defects, reporting status to various levels of the project organization
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective writing skills to communicate to customers and internal team members
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience for 2-5 years
• Superior organization skills to work with the vast array of information
• Ability to maintain own workload and meet deadlines
• Confidence working through testing issues
• Ability to work independently
• Thrive in a team environment
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.