CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Developer in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Position ID: J0919-2140
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
If you are an experienced hands-on Software engineer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we want to talk to you. You will have an opportunity to work with top Financial Services companies using your technical skills to develop data analytics solutions in an Agile environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work as a senior engineer to interact with business analysts for technical analysis and solution design
• Develop and enhance existing portfolio of applications that support enterprise wide data analytics and dashboards
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Design, implement, and maintain Java based applications
• Ensuring designs comply with specifications
• Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code
• Prepare and produce releases of software components
• Participate in scrum events.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to support both development and production support to identify root cause
• 3-5 years of software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
• Minimum 3 years of professional Java development experience
• Strong Java skills including frameworks and libraries, JODA-Time
• Hands-on experience developing applications using Spring, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Quartz frameworks
• Familiarity with Apache iBATIS
• Strong SQL skills specifically Oracle and MySQL
• Knowledge of DB analytic functions and database tuning on Oracle would be helpful
• Experience with Apache Tomcat, Unix and Splunk
• Proficiency in tools like Jira, Eclipse, and Git
• Familiarity with Python and Hadoop would be a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.