Support Associate Level III - Spanish – 2nd Shift (SA3BS)
Support Associate Level III - Spanish – 2nd Shift (SA3BS)
Main location: United States, South Carolina, Charleston
Position ID: J0723-0570
Employment Type: Full Time
The Support Associate Level III provides support to the Government staff and performs accounting functions, prepares letters, reports and specialized correspondence. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with any Spanish speaking needs and or required translation of correspondence and/or documents
• Prepare and mail envelopes with correct passport and corresponding supporting documents.
• Box and archive files for storage purposes
• Interface with Passport applicants at Agency/Center information and will-call counters:
o At the Information Station, ensure appointment is scheduled;
o Review Passport application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness prior to adjudication;
o Ensure the application and documents complies with passport requirements, photograph meets passport standards, and customer is provided fee information.
• Operate equipment for scanning, image review, book print, quality control, and metering mail.
• When operating a four-printer pod, prints passports at a rate of 50 to 65 passports per hour and reviews printed books for data accuracy and product quality.
• Process refund/reimbursement requests.
• Generate a credit card payments and distribute completed batches to the cashier’s office.
• Participate in customer service outreach activities.
• Assist with acceptance agent training: prepare training materials, conduct “meet-and- greets,” set-up training sessions, conduct office tours, etc.
• Assist CSM in maintaining and cataloging electronic records of passport acceptance facilities.
• Distribute newsletters and any other correspondence to staff.
• Contact applicants to request necessary documents.
• Per the guidance of DOS Passport Specialists, generate correspondence to resolve application discrepancies, including: Return to Sender, Rewrites and Re-issues, and re-batch into the system.
• Review Passport application data to ensure information is recorded accurately into DOS systems.
• Handle complaint letters/phone calls.
• As requested by DOS Passport Specialist, perform administrative review on suspended applications.
• Verify all applications to determine the proper payment for expedite service.
• Perform Quality Control in verifying that application data matches Passport processing data.
• Assist in training lower level Support Associates in job functions, duties, and tasks.
• Assist with “not issued cases” including photocopy of application and attachments, set up of application to be abandoned, and forwarding hard copies to requesting Agency.
• Communicate with stakeholders, such as: Congressional offices, community-based organizations, USPS, Lockbox, and other Government Agencies under the direction of the CSM.
• Identify and take initiative to report trends or patterns in the volume or nature of inquiries handled.
• When not directly assisting Customer Service, serve as a member of NPIC search team.
• Conduct research on Passport cases by gathering information from a variety of sources. Provide recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarize the information gathered and identified during research.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Perform analyses on passport cases being suspended to identify trends that may be useful in future research. Identify errors and areas for improvement in memos associated with these applications.
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures
• Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Bachelor’s Degree (OR) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level II or III (or) 4 years of experience data entering in a high volume production environment
• Four years of general office experience, including three years of experience with Microsoft Office
• ALL CANDIDATES must pass a pre-employment language assessment measuring their proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing, in Spanish. Candidates must score at an Advanced Level on the pre-employment assessment administered by ALTA Language Services to remain eligible for consideration for the position.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and ability to obtain a Government Level clearance is required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Hourly Rate: $20.68/hour
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skill set level, relevant experience and training, and licensure and certifications. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Additional benefits determined by your Service Contract Act:
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Federal Holidays
• Health & Welfare Benefits
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.