CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Quality Control Technician in Charleston, South Carolina
Quality Control Technician
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Quality Control Technician
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Position ID: J1019-0125
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Government Secure Solutions CGI, Inc. (GSSC) is seeking a Quality Control (QC) technician who will be responsible for the daily monitoring of the Quality Management System (QMS) processes and performing QC checks in all functional areas. The QC technician is responsible for ensuring work on all projects is meeting all customer quality assurance specifications and the guidelines of GSSC's QMS program. The QC technician will provide quality control, verification and validation, system quality conformance testing and final system checklist for deliverable items. The QC technician will also support QC review of all systems documentation to include, but not limited to technical manuals, field changes, equipment test procedures and systems verification and validation reports.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for QC inspections, testing and verification and validation of all deliverables associated with assigned projects
• Monitor the QMS while performing the work;
• Enforce quality control work standards to ensure equipment and systems integration are in compliance with contract requirements and government regulations
• Conduct formal and informal reviews on the QMS;
• Interfaces with the integration, logistics and technical documentation personnel for all QC related issues;
• Optimizes ISO 9001-2015 processes, operations, and resources to ensure maximum quality control capability is attained;
• Provide written and oral quality control reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and/or Project Manager (PM)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Associate degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years directly related work experience required. High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 7-10 years of directly related work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
• Ability to successfully complete the GSSC background investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
• Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required
• Ability to travel up to 25% or less
• Quality control experience at the field or sustainment level
• Experience in the Lean Six Sigma
• Experience and expertise in the ISO 9000 series processes and methodologies
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Outlook)
• Work schedule must be flexible in order to manage quality control and to ensure mission accomplishment
• Minimum 4 years experience in private or military sector related to quality control
Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.