CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Engineering Technician in Charleston, South Carolina
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Position ID: J0321-1310
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Government Secure Solutions CGI, Inc. (wholly owned proxy company of CGI Federal) is seeking an Engineering Technician to work in our Charleston, SC location. The selected candidate will provide integration, testing, installation and documentation support for IT systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide hardware integration and testing support to various IT systems.
• Provide input to various technical documents to include technical manuals, test procedures / reports and other required documentation.
• Provide hardware installation and testing support for system
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Associates Degree in information technology, computer science or related science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years related experience required. High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 7 years of directly related work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Knowledge of systems hardware integration and meeting production schedules for required tasks.
• Ability to read schematic diagrams, cabinet level assembly, assembly, and sub-assembly drawings.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to express ideas orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work.
• Ability to travel up to 50% - 75%
• Ability to maintain a Secret Security clearance; US Citizenship required.
• The position will be performed within an integration / production facility and various shipyard and naval bases environment.
• Lifting of heavy equipment (50 lbs) may be required.
• Travel and ability to work on board U.S. Navy combatants, including submarines, is required.
• Aptitude with computer software with emphasis on Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
• Cable Fabrication experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.