CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Assistant Production Manager in Charleston, South Carolina
Assistant Production Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Assistant Production Manager
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Position ID: J0819-0376
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The Production Manager provides oversight of the daily tasking activities of the integration functional area and is directly responsible for providing direction to all production functional area members to meet company objectives, customer delivery requirements and product\service quality standards. The Production Manager is responsible in the integration and material management processes relating to material inventory, sub-assembly and system level integration and final testing of equipment\system to meet contract requirements, company objectives and customer satisfaction.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support production functional area policies and procedures to be in alignment with the established company goals, objectives, and policies.
• Support management of the production functional area by directing and coordinating production activities including production scheduling, material inventory, systems integration, quality assurance, and ensure safety awareness.
• Support the planning of production operations and establish priorities using knowledge of industrial standards for production\material handling processes and methodologies.
• Improve product quality and reduce cost through analysis of production methods, processes and optimum utilization of personnel.
• Implement processes improvement methods to increase workflow optimization utilizing ISO 9001, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies with the ability to establish, monitor and analyze functional area metrics.
• Ensure continuous improvement in key production and material handling processes, resulting in the achievement of increasingly cost-effective, on-time, and high quality product and service deliveries.
• Provide information and decision support to management and coordinate the scheduling of major work activities to ensure timely completion to meet program and customer commitments.
• Participate in and, where appropriate, conduct management meetings with direct reports and others to establish, review, and effectively execute integration and logistical plans and actions.
• Support production managing of staffing requirements including selecting of members, instructing, developing, evaluating, and motivating personnel in a manner to effectively accomplish approved objectives and plans. Responsible for subordinate employees’ performance reviews.
• Perform logistical coordination functions and implement working knowledge of material management policies and procedures.
• Provide hardware integration and testing support to various C4I systems.
• Provide input to various technical documents to include technical manuals, technical and assembly drawings, test procedures / reports and other required documentation.
• Provide hardware integration support for system installation and testing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years' directly related experience OR A high school diploma or equivalent AND 16 years' directly related experience.
• Knowledge of systems hardware integration and meeting production schedules for required tasks
• Ability to read schematic diagrams, cabinet elevation and fabrication drawings.
• Understanding of material management and experience in using material database.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to express ideas orally and in writing.
• Lifting of heavy equipment (45 lbs) maybe required.
• Travel and ability to work onboard U.S. Navy combatants, including submarines, is required.
• Ability to successfully complete the CGI Federal Background Investigation
• Ability to travel up to 25% or less.
• Travel to various Government or customer sites for installation, integration, and troubleshooting of integrated systems.
• Aptitude with computer software is a prerequisite, with emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint).
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• Due to government contract and/or security clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.