Senior Business Intelligence Analyst TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Virginia, Chantilly
Position ID: J0823-1111
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Business Intelligence/Digital Reporting Specialist with a TS/SCI clearance and CI polygraph to support strategic program delivery in the area of federal financial and acquisition management for the U.S. Intelligence Community. The BI/Digital Reporting Specialist is an accomplished business analyst, proactive customer-focused advocate, and a team player with BI and reporting experience.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, detail-oriented individual who is equally comfortable with back-end data structures and visualization and storytelling. A willingness to work through initial ambiguity and drive to tangible results is a must. Flexibility and a desire to continuously develop new skills is a must as this role may need to support multiple teams across multiple analytic disciplines.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with business partners to design and deliver a wide variety of BI/Analytic related solutions ranging from initial data acquisition through to end user content and reports.
•Perform analysis and document high level requirements, impact analyses, user stories and detailed functional specifications
• Create and maintain documentation related to solution requirements, data flow diagrams, data taxonomy, business glossary and data lineage.
• Understand data from multiple viewpoints, from an enterprise perspective to a business unit perspective and managing it in such a way that it can be understood and leveraged across the organization.
• Define standardized data sets for consumption by data science teams, analysts and BI authors.
• Engage with stakeholders to analyze and isolate root cause of data issues and drive data cleansing efforts.
• Build reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences.
• Plan and optimize the BI platforms by determining how best to use existing data analytics, architecture and technology, and where to make improvements.
• Clearly and professionally communicate with client and management in gathering requirements and identifying impediments
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior consultants in BI best practices.
• Engage with business stakeholders to analyze business processes, gather requirements and recommend technical solutions.
• Work with strategic client account teams to build senior level relationships and represent the breadth of CGI’s BI capabilities
• Foster and promote enterprise culture in analytics-driven strategic decision making.
• Participate in early-adoption and proof of concept activities as it relates to next generation technologies when appropriate.
• Drive process improvements to optimize data integration and content delivery.
• Coordinate training and implementation activities and provide user support during initial rollout.
• Demonstrate flexibility in meeting the changing needs and priorities of the projects and teams.
•Coordinate and assist with User Acceptance Testing, conducting demos, participating in stakeholder reviews, as well as assuming the role of post-release Subject Matter Expert.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• TS/SCI clearance with a CI poly
• Bachelors Degree or 5+ years direct industry knowledge in BI/Digital Reporting.
• Expert knowledge of BI solutions and their component tiers: Data Integration/ETL, Data Warehouses/Marts, Business/Metadata layers, Dashboards/Reports, etc.
• A diversity of skills and knowledge of federal financial and procurement management best practices, solutions, innovations, standards and configurations across the federal government.
• Superior analysis skills involving data and complex data relationships
• Expert knowledge of Cognos, Informatica and Tableau.
• Knowledge of UI/UX best practices and visualization techniques needed to develop intuitive, interactive BI and analytic solutions.
• Solid SQL query language skills.
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills a must.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written) a must.
• Effective diplomacy
• Must be able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must be able to derive and provide clarity in ambiguous situations where solutions and expectations are not fully known.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of associates from IT professionals to senior business leaders
• Experience supporting Momentum solutions as well as expert knowledge with respect to finance processes (internal or external).
• Experience and working knowledge of Momentum, Federal Financial Management practices and Financial Operations support.
• Knowledge of AGILE methodologies.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $83,950.00 to $185,840.00.
User Interface Design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.