Linux System Administrator TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
Linux System Administrator TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
Category: Database Administration
Main location: United States, Virginia, Chantilly
Position ID: J0823-0871
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Linux Systems Administrator to manage and maintain our client's computer systems and networks. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware and software systems, ensuring their optimal performance, security, and reliability.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for systems administration of Enterprise Cross Domain Service (ECDS)
• Experience with project long-range requirements for database administration and design
• Recommend system improvements, optimizations, development, and/or maintenance
• Translate requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc
queries, scripts, and macros
• Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale,
• Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities
among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
• Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface
data in a commonly accessible repository
• Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system
architectures to develop system requirements specifications
• Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Active TS/SCI CI Polygraph
• 5-8 years’ experience with Linux
• Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Engineering, or related field
• DoD 8570 Level II - Security+CE
• Experience directing development of complex database systems including schema and
• Experience using Cloud methodologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical staff.
• Experience with Red Hat, Apache Storm, Nimbus, Zookeeper, NiFi, Salt Stack, Elk Stack, vCenter, Purifile, Cylance, Glasswall, Macafee, Clam AV, Cyber Soft vFind, Splunk
This role can be supported from Chantilly, VA, Bethesda, MD and Annapolis Junction, MD.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $124,190 - $200,080.
Server - Linux
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.