CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph in Chantilly, Virginia
Data Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Data Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0121-1770
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking to hire Data Engineers to develop, enhance, and maintain data science capabilities for a government customer in Chantilly, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• As a Data Engineer, you will serve a critical role as part of the client’s Engineering Support Division—charged with enabling agency-wide data scientists meet their mission imperatives.
• The Engineering Support Division provides hands-on engineering and data preparation support across the Agency mission space, and its systems provide an expansive data layer coupled with a rich suite of tools for querying and visualizing data, developing prototypes, distributed processing, and collaboration among data scientists.
• The scope of work spans services to develop, enhance, and maintain data science capabilities, covering all aspects of application development, maintenance and support for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS), custom built, or customized applications in support of the division’s capabilities portfolio.
• Engineering services include data science compute environment preparation, data engineering, data modeling, data triage, ETL services, database support and administration, data services to connect data sources/sets/systems, backend and UI development, product evaluation, analytical support, operational support, big data analytics scale-out design, advanced and custom visualization, and knowledge management in terms of infrastructure and development.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of this government contract, an Active TS/SCI full-scope polygraph is required.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of data engineering or data management experience
• Experience with big-data tools, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
• Experience performing ETL processes, designing data infrastructure, optimizing performance, and adhering to compliance and audit requirements for data storage, architecture, cybersecurity, etc.
• Familiarity with machine learning, statistical modeling, time-series forecasting and/or geospatial analytics is preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.