CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Application Developer- CI Poly Required in Chantilly, Virginia
Application Developer- CI Poly Required
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Application Developer- CI Poly Required
City: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1019-2487
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI is a team of business, strategy and technology professionals who bring operational experience and a value-driven methodology to help our clients make the best decision for their mission. It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
CGI is looking for Application and Software developers who have experience with Programming (Python, Java), quantitative analysis, generating hypotheses, defining metrics, debugging analyses to support new work in our Intel space.
Bottom line? All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create, discover what you can do at CGI.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI CI Poly
as one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
• Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
• Finding the dream job at CGI: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
• Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support the customer’s instantiation of Momentum and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Software development and deployment shall encompass the development, testing, scheduling and coordinating as necessary, obtaining necessary approvals, and then deployment of all system software to customer standards
• Ensure customer configuration management practices are followed.
• Deploy any/all approved changes to the appropriate system and ensure that all customer approved changes are performing as expected and providing the desired solution.
• Engineer, develop, integrate, and support deploying solutions for specific user requirements not addressed in current baseline applications (one-off solutions), if necessary.
• Provide engineering/web development programming support for program/project requirements definition tasks, technical assessments and product evaluation, program/project verification and validation.
• Perform software development functions for supported systems/services in response to customer and infrastructure requirements.
• Engineer, develop, integrate and maintain software code as necessary to integrate COTS/developed applications information solutions to deliver requested capabilities, based on approved requirements.
• Evaluate COTS/developed applications products against legacy Lotus Notes and Domino developed applications.
• Provide recommendations to replace legacy applications with supportable web based applications.
• Support software development for prototyping of analytical tools, database management and user interfaces to databases, reports generation, business process applications, analysis software, utility applications, and custom software as required by the Sponsor.
• Support DevOps including but not limited to; Momentum DevOps Tool Kit, Jenkins, Artifactory, Github.
• Writes code user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
• Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame per departmental standards and guidelines.
• Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software.
• Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions to include validating the fixes for the software problems.
• Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
• Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
• Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
• Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
• Can serve as the primary technical lead for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs.
• Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
• Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
• Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
• Actively participates in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
• Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
• Assists in the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project.
• Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Typically requires bachelor’s degree
• Active TS/SCI CI Poly
• SQL programming experience
• Computer science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design and problem solving
• Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
• Top Secret Full Scope Poly required for position
Knowledge of the US Intelligence Community and industry standards and technologies associated with software development, project engineering, systems development, systems engineering and integration, information technology, verification and validation, and information security.
• Experience writing RESTful web services
• Frameworks: Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate, JDBC, Tomcat, LotusNotes, Domino, IBM COGNOS
• Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Oracle RDS
• Hosting Platforms: AWS (specifically C2S), physical servers
• Oracle technologies (database, Tuxedo, Jolt, RDBMS, Weblogic etc)
• Cold Fusion
• SoftwareAG (WebMethods)
• AWS certification
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.