CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Manufacturing Developer & Administrator in Canoga Park, California
Manufacturing Developer & Administrator
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Manufacturing Developer & Administrator
City: Canoga Park, California, United States
Position ID: J0919-0563
Employment Type: Full Time
Within CGI's Defense Business Unit, we are looking for a Development Manger to deliver IT excellence and innovative solutions in the Cloud. Work with fellow managers, engineers, and developers to form the best minds in Cloud solutions and bring innovative solutions to our clients.
Per Federal stipulation, US Citizenship required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Supports daily development and administrative activities of the manufacturing engineering department.
• Collaborates with manufacturing managers, supervisors, and engineers in other disciplines in developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing and warehousing methods by leveraging the knowledge base of the manufacturing engineering team.
• Participates or lead projects related to product design, tooling, production equipment/fixtures, assembly methods, quality improvements and cost savings.
• Conducts research to develop and introduce improved manufacturing and warehousing methods and tooling.
• Analyze assembly processes to ensure quality results are achieved and sustained.
• Analyzes data to determine return on investment.
• Works with production personnel, suppliers and contract manufacturers to establish or revise work instructions and production procedures.
• Works with suppliers, quality systems, procurement and sustaining engineering to ensure quality outcomes in all device manufacturing areas via automated testing tool sets.
• Participates in the process of identifying and qualifying new production systems.
• Represents the operations group in New Product Development projects to ensure manufacturability / serviceability is incorporated into a design plan.
• Ensures staff complies with local and corporate policies and regulations of governing bodies.
• Works with the safety coordinator to perform hazard analysis on new equipment and systems to insure safe working conditions.
• Establishes validation protocols related to assembly and test processes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Project Management or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• 7 years of direct development and admin experience in C#, PL/SQL, .NET, Java, JS apps hosted on IIS, JBOSS, Weblogic, SQL Server, Oracle.
• Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with the ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Constant focus on what is possible and helping others to see the opportunity in the midst of challenge
• Strong communications skills. Ability to communicate across a diverse set of resources. Comfort delivering difficult messages in a fact based approach.
• Demonstrated experience in agile delivery with globally distributed virtual teams
• Demonstrated ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization effectively.
• Working knowledge of Jira and Atlassian software
• Familiarity with Dassault Delmia Operations or like MES toolset extensions
• Web service development within ERP and PLM toolsets
• Experience upgrading web, middleware, and depreciated code as part of transformation and maintenance efforts.
• Experience using automated testing toolsets in Selenium, jmeter, and like tools.
• Experience using automated deploy toolsets in Microfocus, puppet, Ansible, and like tools.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.