CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Linux/Unix Systems Engineer in Canoga Park, California
Linux/Unix Systems Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Linux/Unix Systems Engineer
City: Canoga Park, California, United States
Position ID: J0619-0531
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Come join us at CGI to start up a new project supporting one of our clients in an exciting industry. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the stand-up of the new operational model and team. Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Engineering of system admin related solutions for various project and operational needs.
• Support strategies for migrating on-premise workloads to XaaS off-premise hosting.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, reviewing system and application logs.
• Install new/rebuild existing Linux servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage, etc., in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop, maintain and contribute to installation and configuration procedures.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
• Upgrade and configure systems software as per operational needs.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Troubleshoot, maintain and develop solutions for a complex multi-domain environment.
• Troubleshoot high-severity incidents and outages with little guidance as required.
• Support after-hours on-call rotation in 24x7 environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7+ years of experience in UNIX/Linux server administration.
• Background in design and support of High Performance Compute Cluster environments required
• Bachelor's degree preferably in computer science or a related field. Equivalent certification and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of Linux-based scripting capabilities.
• Experience deploying and/or supporting Lustre File Systems is desired.
• Infiniband Experience is desired.
• Knowledge of industry best practice approaches and standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work within agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in an Managed Services model.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively work with a geographically dispersed technical team.
• Ability to support systems across multiple sites
• Some Travel Required (5-10%)
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. Dual citizenship not allowed.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.