CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Quality Assurance Analyst in Burlington, Maryland
Quality Assurance Analyst
Find similar career opportunities
Quality Assurance Analyst
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Burlington, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0519-0780
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is growing!! We are currently looking for Quality Assurance Analysts at all levels across all industries.
Working as a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will perform installations and run quality assurance programs to test, identify, reproduce, and report defects in software. You will also conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements along with drafting, revising and approving test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy. We would want you to create test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow. You will be expected to coordinate with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing and ensure that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
You will have extensive "hands-on" testing responsibilities and will work closely with the business to ensure their processes are fully tested. Your primary responsibility will be being responsible for manual and automated testing, some testing tools experience for functional and non-functional testing would be a plus.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the development of Test Strategies and Plans
• Lead the development of test cases/scripts, test case automation, test execution, and validation of results
• Lead the development and execution of the problem reporting process
• Develop and perform manual and automated testing using testing tools provided such as Mercury (TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner) or Rational (Robot)
• Interacts with other team members and clients to ensure quality solution
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks
• Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5 years in quality assurance, test strategy, test planning, test execution
• Thorough working knowledge of the entire SDLC, IT systems and processes, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
• Thorough working knowledge of developing, maintaining, and executing test strategies/plans/cases
• Experience in analyzing and decomposing requirements and creating testing strategy/plan as well as testing estimates and work plan
• Experience detailing test plans, test cases, tracking defects, reporting statusto various levels of the project organization
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective writing skills to communicate to customers and internal team members
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivelent work experience for 2-5 years
• Superior organization skills to work with the vast array of information
• Ability to maintain own workload and meet deadlines
• Confidence working through testing issues
• Ability to work independently
• Thrive in a team environment
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.