CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Performance Engineer (10+ years) in Burlington, Massachusetts
Performance Engineer (10+ years)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Performance Engineer (10+ years)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Burlington, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J1221-4026
Employment Type: Full Time
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
We are looking for a senior Performance engineer with strong analytical skills and keen eye for performance optimization. Someone who can define and develop performance tests as well as analyze performance bottlenecks in the system and be able to suggest solutions to developers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Expertise You Bring
• 10+ years of a proven track record developing performance test plans and test scripts using performance testing tools like LoadRunner, JMeter, Gatling etc.
• 6+ years of experience conducting system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
• 5+ years of experience with Dynatrace or similar, Datadog & Splunk.
• 2+ years of experience with Java Programming.
• You have experience with enterprise cloud enabled distributed systems.
• Detailed understanding of distributed systems, Internet principles and statistical data analysis
• Ability to identify application bottlenecks and assist engineers with improving application performance and reducing latency
• Good working experience with Messaging Platforms like Kafka.
• CICD experience (Good to have) to automate Performance Testing.
Future duties and responsibilities:
The Skills You Bring
• You will participate in design and implementation of software solutions and ensure they meet non-functional requirements and that are aligned to the program’s strategic direction.
• You will ensure that component and system level SLA’s for a critically important platform are adhered to.
• You will engage with a distributed team of engineers in leading standard methodologies for performance engineering.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Superb communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Westlake, TX OR Smithfield, RI OR Durham, NC OR Boston, MA OR Merrimack, NH
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.