CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS ARCHITECT in Burlington, Massachusetts
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
Position ID: J0121-0158
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Become a member of CGI as we collaborate with New England area clients across all industries to digitally transform the way they work and enable their path forward. CGI’s capabilities and our client engagements will offer you an exciting path for growth. We strongly encourage and facilitate our members’ development through various avenues including leading engagements, developing new service offerings, designing solutions, and preparing proposals. Our practice’s focus on the New England region allows our consultants to work predominately with local clients, while CGI’s national and international operations offers opportunities for travel if desired.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
We are seeking AWS Architect candidates with deep technical expertise to help design and execute mission-critical applications and solutions for our clients. The successful candidate must have strong programming, analytical, problem-solving, communication, and consulting skills. If you are looking to make your career journey extraordinary while delivering innovative client projects, come and be a part of CGI’s continued success.
Assessing the client’s current state
• Understanding the client business objectives and technical constraints
• Developing cloud adoption and migration strategies, and tactical plans
• Design technical solutions
• Helps customers create or integrate with existing CI/CD pipeline
• Helps customers choose the right applications for cloud conversion
• Supports customers in creating a platform/application-level scaffolding for migrating multiple applications to cloud
• Assists customers with migrating legacy applications to cloud
• Pairs with customers, architects/developers to impart the skills needed to be successful in their long-term digital transformation efforts
• Communicating and leading the execution of development and migration efforts
• Coaching clients on cloud development and migration best practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years IT industry experience.
• 2 years consulting experience
• Expert in cloud-native application architectures (PaaS, Saas, Public & Private Cloud, micro services, containerization, serverless computing, API design patterns), and AWS services / features e.g. Lamda, S3
• Strong skills in modern languages, including Java, J2EE, Python
• Experience with using agile methodologies for software development
• At least 2 years of experience dealing with enterprise cloud technology transformation strategies and processes.
• At least 2-3 years experience in architecting Hybrid cloud solutions which involve On-premise and multi-clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Security/Compliance understanding relative to Cloud technology.
• Proven ability to explain transformational concepts to decision-makers and influence their technology strategy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Professional level AWS technical certifications
• Thought leadership
• Executive presentation skills
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree, Computer Science or related field a bonus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.