Operations Specialist - $20.11/hr + Benefits Day One!
Main location: United States, New York, Buffalo
Position ID: J0423-1978
Employment Type: Full Time
Under the direct supervision of Passport Support Manager, will assist with compiling administrative reports and other special tasks as requested by the Passport Support Manager. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
The selected candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45lbs. This position may require long hours of standing. As a result, the selected candidate will be expected to be able to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
Future duties and responsibilities
An Operations Specialist’s anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Enter information into various databases, including, but not limited to customer (i.e. UPS) addresses, accountable supplies
• Load pallets and individual packages into FedEx, UPS, USPS or other transportation carrier vehicles
• Receive all incoming shipments via UPS, FedEx, USPS, or other carriers
• Offload/move heavy materials from the office utilizing either an electric or manual pallet jack
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe warehouse environment, free of debris or other obstacles
• Perform a physical inventory of all GFE on a monthly basis and tracks the usage and allocation of items daily
• Handle any incoming phone calls, emails or written correspondence
• Assist in supply orders
• Fulfill daily order requests
• Palletize containers for pickup
• Stock supplies for general use
• Verify that customer address documentation matches UPS customer database before shipment
• With guidance and approvals from the Government management, prepares procurement actions and documentation as ARIBA requests, GSA purchases, GSA Advantage, and other means
• Perform data entry, printing, scanning, laminating, binding, faxing, mailing packing, sealing and taping envelopes and boxes after verifying that contents are correct as requested
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• HS diploma or GED
• Three (2) years of general office experience
• Two (2) years of warehouse experience, including;
• Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• Ability to lift transport up to 1000 lbs. via air jack
• Ability to manually lift and transport up to 45 lbs.
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Capable of doing repetitive tasks such as lifting, bending, stooping, walking, standing, sitting, reaching, pushing carts, moving objects, twisting, sealing envelopes, unpacking/packing/taping/moving boxes, filing and reading
• Good data entry skills
• Good filing and file retrieval skills
• Ability to work in one place and transverse the office/warehouse/storage areas on a continuing basis
• Applicants selected will be subject to a CGI credit/background check and a government security investigation.
• Sign an acknowledgement of the Passport Internal Control and the Standards of Conduct/ethics, no later than the first day of performance under the contract
• Will strictly adhere to all internal controls and standards for protecting personally indefinable information (PII), as documented in the Privacy Act, ID manuals, stand operating procedures (SOPs), and other reference materials (both paper and electronic format)
• Must maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal and external security including adherence to the restricted area policies, logging off computer terminals when not in use, and securing work at the end of the workday5rt
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and a Secret clearance is required.
Hourly Rate: $20.11/hour
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 Standard Holidays
Health & Welfare Benefits as determined by your Service Contract Act
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.