CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Section Lead- Boston Passport Agency in Boston, Massachusetts
Section Lead- Boston Passport Agency
Find similar career opportunities
Section Lead- Boston Passport Agency
City: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position ID: J0618-0616
Employment Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Contract Processing Supervisor, Passport Agency Director or designate, the Section Lead will be responsible for leading a team involved in all phases of passport processing, customer service and PRISM functions. Includes planning, directing and coordination of the daily activities of mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, bookprint, quality control, customer service functions such as searches, re-writes, re-issues, re-mails and all PRISM functions. If requested by government management, assure that a sufficient inventory of passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. Responsible for resolving administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of employees in their job in order to assure timely issuance of passports.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Section Leader leads and manages a team of Support Associates. Responsibilities include setting work priorities and ensuring a smooth transition of work between the various teams. If requested by Government management, ensure that a sufficient inventory of Passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. The Section Leader serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in critical roles and frequently liaises with onsite Government Management. Critical roles such as, Passport services’ processing work functions (mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, book print/card print, quality control and PRISM), customer service, fraud, cashier, passport product control, and supervise at any level within the Agency/Center. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan, direct, and coordinate the daily activities of mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, book print/card print, quality control and PRISM. Plan and follow established procedures and methods to meet changing processing requirements
• Provide regular operational feedback, management meetings, status updates, attendance reporting, training records, and other production activity reporting
• Perform workload management in all Passport task areas to include, Mail Open, LB/Scanning, Image Review, Book Print, Quality Control, Mail Out, PRISM or Customer Service
• Notify the Passport Support Manager of any problems or issues with staff adherence to procedures, any internal controls violations
• Monitor workload and make recommendations to the Government on how to divide work among support staff
• Monitor contractor personnel performance and ensure that work is performed in accordance with performance standards, established procedures, and internal controls
• Assist with prioritizing will calls, expedites, and routine work
• Assist in training contract personnel in their duties and tasks, helping to constantly improve the training process/procedure
• Make recommendations to the Government to improve processes and assist with problem solving and continuous improvement
• Maintain flexibility to meet organizational production and service goals, as required by the workload, and per the direction of the Government
• Maintain control and oversight of blank Passport books/cards and other accountable items
• In the event that the Passport Support Manager is absent for any reason, for a period no longer than two weeks, a Section Leader may serve as Acting Passport Support Manager.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize workload for small teams and possess good organizational skills
• Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public and provide excellent customer service
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply regulatory material and internal controls
• Bachelor’s Degree (or) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level II or III (or) 4 years of experience in managing teams, and;
• Six (6) years of general office experience, including;
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience, including;
• Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, and;
• Demonstrated customer service experience, and;
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, assign, delegate, prioritize, and organize workflow duties of a team.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.