CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SAFe AGILE PRODUCT OWNER(Retail Industry) in Boston, Massachusetts
SAFe AGILE PRODUCT OWNER(Retail Industry)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
SAFe AGILE PRODUCT OWNER(Retail Industry)
City: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position ID: J1219-0562
Employment Type: Full Time
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
If you are an experienced hands-on Agile Product Owner in Retail industry with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we would like to talk to you. You will have an opportunity to work with top Retail companies using your skills to develop market-leading solutions in an Agile environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog.
Responsible for streamlining the execution of team priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features/ components for the team. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the team member empowered to accept stories as done.
- User Story Development
• Works with product management and stakeholders to align on strategic priorities
• Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood
• Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives.
• Responsible for defining stories
• Responsible for assuring quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria. Approves stories as complete.
• Responsible to update product management on Story status to align on delivery expectations
- Team Backlog Ownership/Prioritization
• Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog
• Assist in estimation with the team
• Determining sequencing of sprint planning
• Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the team Backlog
- Program Increment Planning
• Partner with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
• Drafts the team’s objectives and defines features for the Program Increment session
• Collaborate with the team to produce the PI demo and presents it to stakeholders.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years experience in Business Analyst, Project Lead roles
• 3+ years experience acting as a Product Owner
• Deep experience in Retail industry with background in Merchandise Planning
• Experience with agile processes, such as scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions using solutions based thinking in problem solving, asking probing questions and looking for underlying issues
• Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment
• Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical and people skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
• Oracle RPAS experience is a plus
- Application Design
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.