CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Principal Full Stack Software Engineer (15+ Years in Boston, Massachusetts
Principal Full Stack Software Engineer (15+ Years
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Principal Full Stack Software Engineer (15+ Years
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Boston, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1192
Employment Type: Full Time
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
If you are an experienced hands-on Software engineer with strong problem-solving skills, superb communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a Principal Full Stack Engineer having a high degree of competence in developing easy -to-use, customer focused APIs and capabilities which power web and mobile online platforms. You will help us design and develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience. Also, you will be involved in developing responsive user interfaces to integrate with backend services. You’ll contribute to the entire development Lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead one or more Squads in hands-on capacity and mentor them
• Set the direction for Architecture, design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and aligned to overall Architecture
• Design, Develop and test highly scalable Web and API services that power both web and mobile platforms
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Participate in CI/CD activities
• Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision
• Strengthen and promote the culture of innovation by setting examples
• Find creative ways to get things done, automate and do them right
• Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
• Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest frameworks and concepts
• Ensure the high level of integrity in the team
• Take ownership and accountability for determining what needs to be don
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 15+ years of proven software development experience Architecting, developing enterprise solutions using web, server side, cloud and integration technologies
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in architecting, designing and developing Web services and API solutions using various Java based frameworks
• Minimum 3-5 years experience of architecting, designing and developing responsive user interfaces using frameworks such as Angular 8+, ReactJS, NodeJS, VueJS, Typescript.
• Proficient in Domain Driven design & Microservice Architecture
• Proficient in Design patterns and their applicability
• Understanding of 12-factor design principles and practical experience of remediating existing apps or building new apps to comply to those principles
• Proficient in designing and developing enterprise cloud-based solutions using Amazon Cloud Computing Services, serverless microservices is a plus
• Proficient in deploying container managed services using docker, Kubernetes is a plus
• Experience in designing and developing services - API, including versioning, isolation
• Experience in documenting APIs using an API documentation framework (Swagger)
• Experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Spring Test, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
• Experience in building robust security (Both Authentication and Authorization)
• Knowledge in DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker)
• Experience of relational and NoSQL database management systems
• Understanding of Job Schedulers like Control-m and Cron is a plus
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Westlake, TX OR Smithfield, RI OR Durham, NC OR Boston, MA
At CGI, we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.