CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Oracle PL/SQL Engineer (6-9 years) in Boston, Massachusetts
Oracle PL/SQL Engineer (6-9 years)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Oracle PL/SQL Engineer (6-9 years)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Boston, Massachusetts, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1197
Employment Type: Full Time
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
If you are experienced in Oracle PL/SQL platform and work in financial sector with strong problem-solving skills, superb communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have an exciting opportunity to further your career. If you have a passion for analyzing data, building innovative solutions, understanding data quality, and learning the domain, this might be the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our team. As a Senior Consultant you will be part of an Engineering team that focuses on building solutions supporting the common data needs of Financial Services business. You will have to develop a good understanding of the data, products, and applications. You will be responsible for collecting requirements, analyzing data, conducting impact assessments, and building scalable and innovative solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the gathering of requirements and acceptance criteria of new features and/or improvements for the product / platform.
• Collaborate with the technology and business teams to deliver high quality solutions for business problems
• Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of new features/improvements to the platform
• Resolving business problems by understanding them through close partnership with analysts and innovative solutions.
• Evaluating business requirements and proposing solutions that align with the technology blueprint and standard methodologies.
• Tackle business challenges by driving design, development and ongoing support.
• Actively participating in knowledge exchange thru code and design reviews, exploring emerging technologies etc.
• Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6-9 years of hands on experience in developing Oracle SQL and PL/SQL solutions
• Proven understanding of database design concepts – Transactional / Data mart / Data warehouse etc.
• Proven hands on experience of Oracle PL/SQL development involving Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Hints and data migration scripts
• Knowledge and understanding of developing and debugging sophisticated PLSQL packages involving large data sets, Collections and advanced PLSQL communications with Oracle
• Good knowledge on DBLinks, Hints, Performance Tuning and handling Database Locks
• Demonstrable experience working with UNIX shell scripts with intermediate debugging and development skills
• Experience working with version control tools GIT Stash, SourceTree, Release Management build tools (Jenkins, buildforge), collaboration tools
• Excellent data analysis and debugging skills with a focus on identifying data quality issues
• Proven experience with Informatica, data quality tools, scripting languages
• Experience in using job scheduling tools like Autosys
• Experience in Agile Development
• Exposure to one or more - Snowflake, AWS offerings such as Redshift, Tableau will be a plus
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Westlake, TX OR Smithfield, RI OR Durham, NC OR Boston, MA OR Merrimack, NH
At CGI, we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.