CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position ID: J1018-1808
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
This position is for a Java software engineer to work in the asset allocation technology division of an investment management firm. The client is staffing multiple squads to address development priorities for 2019. Must be willing to work from client location in Southborough Ma.
This individual will be part of a 6-person agile squad and will need to be experienced in Java middle tiier development
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform full lifecycle of software development including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
• Develop, test, debug, implement, and support moderate-to-complex programs.
• Participate in software application architecture and design discussions.
• Work with architects, and technology and business partners to support and enhance a complex business rules engine
• Perform unit testing and work with Quality Assurance to test scenarios
• Enforce development quality standards and best practices for all supported components including change management, release management, and source code control
• Perform technical code reviews to ensure quality
• Resolve issues and validate programming requirements within areas of responsibility
• Generate ad-hoc queries/reports from system databases
• Perform regression testing and other development related tasks
• Translate technical systems design to functioning code
• Actively research opportunities to enhance performance and reduce risk
• Some Experience in PL\SQL; Shell scripting with test automation a plus
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Resource should have background in developing high quality software and performing thorough unit testing.
• Strong experience in Object oriented programming skills (JAVA)
• 8+years of experience as a Java Developer (Core Java/J2EE) within a financial, enterprise level environment
• Proficient in technologies such as Core Java, Spring framework, JSON, XML, REST, Hibernate, etc.
• Knowledge of industry best practices and tools for Dev-Ops and CI/CD pipeline
• Good communication and experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience in any of the Integration platforms such as Spring Integration, Apache Camel
• Experience in developing batch processes in Java and Java framework (Spring batch)
Software Engineering - 8+ Years
Java - 5+ Years
Experience with CyberArk implementation of above mentioned skills. Prior project that provided the similar implementation needs.
CyberArk Implementation - 5+ Years - Expert Level
Wintel Admin Experience - 3+ Years - Proficient Level
CyberArk Implementation in Cloud - 2+ Years - Senior Level\
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.